Monday 28 June 2010

Anticipation or dread?

This evening I have my second Vinyasa yoga class, and truth be told I’m a bit scared. You see, before the first class a week or so ago I had no idea what I was in for. On arrival at El Horno I innocently asked why my super-toned classmates all had towels with them. I soon found out; to mop up the buckets of sweat that you will produce when you do an hour and a half of highly dynamic yoga in a heated room! As we warmed up the teacher told me that if I felt faint I could stop for a while until I felt ready to start again. Of course my pride forced me to stick to the rhythm of the class, even if I couldn’t do half the moves properly! However, as this time I know what’s in for me I’m actually feeling a bit apprehensive, what if I can’t keep up?! Well at least I’m a bit better prepared this time, I have my towel, and I realised that you can’t do Vinyasa in those cottony yoga pants as they just stick to the sweat and get all uncomfortable – so the other day I went to the Corte Inglés sports department and bought myself some of those tiny Lycra shorts I swore I’d never be seen dead in. They are however a necessity, at least for ‘glowing’ old me – these Nikes promise to wick away perspiration and keep you feeling fresh and cool. And they’re actually super comfy, I even ended up wearing them to clean my house on Saturday. Anyway, I’ll let you know how I get on this evening :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment